cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Assign access pass/token to AD group

Hi Team,

I have below queries regarding QS QMC

1) Is it possible to assign access pass/Token to AD group? If yes then how?

2) Is it possible to add users in QMC without asking them to login the portal first time?If yes then how?

3) What's the benefit of configuring AD link and syncing it in QS QMC? I was assuming that if we add AD link in user directory connections then we will see all the users/groups in the "License and tokens" section so that we can assign license to them directly from there

3 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Rahul,

Here are the answers to all your questions

1) Is it possible to assign access pass/Token to AD group? If yes then how?

Yes absolutely. Make use the custom properties in the QMC to create a group and assign with this custom property.

Then create a rule and assign token to this.

Check the screen shots:

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

2) Is it possible to add users in QMC without asking them to login the portal first time?If yes then how?

Yes, you will have to sync the active directory and you will have all the users in your active directory synced into the management console. You can then assign tokens, create groups etc ...

3) What's the benefit of configuring AD link and syncing it in QS QMC? I was assuming that if we add AD link in user directory connections then we will see all the users/groups in the "License and tokens" section so that we can assign license to them directly from there

The answer for the second question should answer some of this. Also, you will have more control over the users if you sync them.

Thanks,

Sangram.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I haven't found a way to do (2). Even when the user list is synced to the AD, no users show up when I want to allocate a license unless they log in first.

ani
Contributor
Contributor

Hey you guys,

so I am in need to create multiple groups like this. I will have then in a total of 20 custom properties.
Which in its turn means I am polluting the QMC massively. 

I saw in one custom property one can assign different values. Can I then link a token to the value of the custom property?

Thank you and best regards, 
Ani