Team,

I need some help related storing usernames? May be help in high priority   

So far, I am here

LET Var = SubField(SubField(OSUser(), ';', -1), '=', -1);

Load *, AutoNumber(FieldName) as ID Inline [

FieldName

$(Var)

];

Note - But, When i look fieldname is my filter this stores only my name. Wonder, If some one logged in from there machine with in the cluster there OSUSER() name not appears when i reload() from My stream. Can someone assist me how it can be done?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

For Update, I've create AD Group Hierarchy in script and used that field for now to make Persist as each user. So, For now, I am doing myself so i am going to close this thread

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

OSUser() can only take one value at any given point of time. This isn't going to work like this. What exactly are you trying to do Anil?

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Sure, Let's say i have app called ABC.qvf in my stream.

My customer, Trying to get from that stream if someone login and open this dashboard there UserName(NTFS) should be present.

In clear, If i logged in from the same stream you logged in that means, This application opened by Anil and Sunny and these users trying to store in one field. For now, This is don't require - Further, We need to give User level to show the data dynamically by selection each metric.

As far i know, I don't think this is possible but to thought from experts may have some insights to understand the behind. Still not clear?

sunny_talwar

May be mto‌ can suggest or may be omarbensalem‌ have any ideas

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Yes, From Mike we may get some inputs. But, This is easy from server end not sure why they are expecting from Development environment..

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Will you offer something rbecher

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Don't really understand the use case. Wouldn't it be enought to just display =OSUser() in a text object or label=

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

The use case is bit long. For now, I am going to get all UserID's. That means, Let's say if i have stream called https://www.abc.com from there i have 7 applications. Now, I am currently working 5th application (5.qvf). From that qvf what i would like to get here is If some one else login for dashboard we need to capture that UserID.

If someone using this dashboard let's say 10 Users login for that dashboard. So, We need to capture those in single field. I am sure, This job for Server level and even thought QGD or Operational Scalability(Application) from QT. Before moving there end just thinking whether we can track the USERNames of NTFS/Windows authentication details in single field.

Does this helps?

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

For Update, I've create AD Group Hierarchy in script and used that field for now to make Persist as each user. So, For now, I am doing myself so i am going to close this thread