Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Created 'Fiscal Year' filter pane not filtering correctly

Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone can shed some light on a problem I've been trying to figure out for over a week. I am using Qlik Sense through my company sourcing portal through the web (so it has all types of permissions attached to it, I can get most features but not all). I have created a date field which I wanted to run from Feb-Jan and that worked perfectly. The issue I'm having is that in order to create the date option correctly there are two fields that are needed. One is called 'project_financials_effective_start_date' and the other is 'project_benefit_tracker_number'. To start off with, none of these dates are stored as dates (they are stored as a string because of our sourcing portal) so we first have to convert both text strings to dates. The 'project_benefit_tracker_number' relates to a number of months after the 'project_financials_effective_start_date' so for example if the latter date was 01/02/2016 (DD/MM/YYYY) and the former number was 24 [this relates to the number of months] then the final output date would be 01/02/2018. I have also stated in the formula that I don't want to show an dates before 01/02/2015. Below is the formula in my fiscal year calculation:

if(YearName(Date(AddMonths(Date(project_financials_savings_effective_date, 'YYYY'), project_benefit_tracker_number), 'YYYY'),0,2) >= '01/02/2015', YearName(Date(AddMonths(Date(project_financials_savings_effective_date, 'YYYY'), project_benefit_tracker_number), 'YYYY'),0,2), null())

This formula works and returns values like I'd expect, but then when I actually try to filter on it, it doesn't exclude the other years, for example if I filter on '2017-2018' it still shows all the values from '2015-2016', '2018-2019' so on and so forth. As can be seen below:

Qlik Dates.PNG

I was thinking it might be because I am calling two fields in my formula, but both of these fields are needed in order to get the correct date - what am I missing?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Do you use this filter using an expression on the front end of the app? I would suggest to create a new field using the above expression in the script.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response. I am using the front end. Unfortunately I don't have access to the script as I am using Qlik through another web based application, this is reason I am creating the filter like this in the first place.

Any other suggestions?