cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using RangeSum and Aggr with 3 dimensions

Good evening all,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help resolve a conundrum I currently have....

I'm successfully using the below expression to calculate a daily value

sum(aggr(sum({< ReportingDate ={"<=$(=vMaxStockMovementDate)"}, labour_cost -={'0'}, transaction_type ={'COMP','DKIT','RWRK'} >} movement_quantity * usage_quantity*labour_cost),%WHComponent, %WHProduct, ReportingDate))

I'm now looking to apply a rolling average calculation to this using RangeSum and above where vRollingDays is a variable set by a slider (so the user can determine over how many days they want to average the data).

sum(aggr(RangeAvg(above(sum({<ReportingDate ={"<=$(=vMaxStockMovementDate)"}, labour_cost -={'0'}, transaction_type ={'COMP','DKIT','RWRK'} >} movement_quantity * usage_quantity * labour_cost),0,vRollingDays)),%WHComponent, %WHProduct, ReportingDate))

I can't get this to work, nor can I understand the output, however when I've used this structure before but with a single dimension in the aggr it works perfectly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I think it should rather look like:

RangeAvg(above(

sum(aggr(sum({< ReportingDate ={"<=$(=vMaxStockMovementDate)"}, labour_cost -={'0'}, transaction_type ={'COMP','DKIT','RWRK'} >} movement_quantity * usage_quantity*labour_cost),%WHComponent, %WHProduct, ReportingDate))

,0,$(vRollingDays)))

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think it should rather look like:

RangeAvg(above(

,0,$(vRollingDays)))

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus, that seems to have done the trick in terms of calculating correctly.

It has thrown out an additional issue....

the date field (ReportingDate) contains data for 5 days rather than 7 in a week (i.e. no data over a weekend), and now the average is taking the blank days.

For example....

Is there anyway to remove this? I assume not as 'ReportingDate' comes from a calendar that includes all dates in the year, and the above calculation includes all dates, not just those with values?

Thanks,

Alex

marcus_sommer

It's not easy to say without deeper insights in your datamodel how it could be solved and which way would be the most elegant. Personally I use for such things a flag within the master-calendar which is 0 or 1 and which I could just aggregate with a sum-function to get the number of working days for the used selection. This could then be used in a logic like sum(value) / sum(workingdayFlag) to get the appropriate average.

Another way of using this flag is as condition within the set analysis, like:

... workingdayFlag = {1} ...

whereby in your case you might need this condition within the inner- and the outer-aggregation. This meant to apply it in this way:

sum({< workingdayFlag = {1} >} aggr(sum({< workingdayFlag = {1} ...

More to this could you find here: Set Analysis in the Aggr function‌.

- Marcus