cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Task chain does not work using Qlik Sense Server 3.1 SR1

Hi to all,

I have a problem with some chain tasks, becasue the main tasks must be completed with success, but the final task does not start.

The chain structeres is:

Task_1 time start/end: 02:45 AM / 03:35 AM

Task_2 time start/end: Variable start  becasue is developed with a starting rule (Load table from database and exit from loop when the date is not null), the start scheduling is 5.00 AM and finish usually at 06:00 AM

Task_3 time start/end: Variable start  becasue is developed with a starting rule (Load table from database and exit from loop when the date is not null), the start scheduling is 5.00 AM and finish usually at 07:30 AM

Task_4 time start/end: Task that manage the delay start 10.00 AM / finish 10.00 AM.

After the success  status of: Task_1 and Task_2, Task_3 and Task_4 starts the last Task (chain with previous tasks).

Why this rule is not working?

Does the chain configuration must follow a particular order?

In attach my configuration.

For any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us

Thank you

Best regards

Federico

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
martinsandin
Employee
Employee

Hello Federico,

I'm a bit unclear on your setup but from what I can tell you might have a problem with the Time Constraint. It is set to 360 minutes = 6 hours and this means that all the triggering tasks must finish within 6 hours from each other. In your case the first task ends at 3:35, e.g. 6 hours and 25 minutes before the fourth task is even triggered and so the final task won't activate.

More generally the reliability of task chains have improved in later version of Sense and especially if you have large number of triggering tasks it might make sense to try and upgrade.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
martinsandin
Employee
Employee

Hello Federico,

I'm a bit unclear on your setup but from what I can tell you might have a problem with the Time Constraint. It is set to 360 minutes = 6 hours and this means that all the triggering tasks must finish within 6 hours from each other. In your case the first task ends at 3:35, e.g. 6 hours and 25 minutes before the fourth task is even triggered and so the final task won't activate.

More generally the reliability of task chains have improved in later version of Sense and especially if you have large number of triggering tasks it might make sense to try and upgrade.

Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the fast reply.

I changed the minutes by setting 420 minute.

Tomorrow morning i will test the modify.

Best regards

Federico

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Martin,

Thank you,

now it works thanks to the modify on timeconstrain.

Best Regards

Federico