Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

13 Month trend Question

I am trying to create a bar graph showing a 13 month trend, but I can only get 12 months to appear. The problem I am having is getting a month from say 2010 to show up on the chart when 2011 is the main sort. I know Year=, will deselect year but I tried to go one step further and command it to select 2010 to show up.  Still nothing shows up from prior year.  Any advice would be appreciated.  The formula below is what I am using where it sets year to 2010, scenario and acctlvl are irrelevant, and MonthYearCount is an associated table to Month which gives the most recent month a set value say 60 and NatAMT is the dollar Value.

=if(num(Month)>$(vMonth),-1*(Sum({$<Year={2010},SCENARIO = {FCST005},ACCT_LVL10 = {'Revenues (L1)'},MonthYearCount={$(=Max(MonthYearCount)-12)}>} NAT_AMT))/$(vScale),

-1*(Sum({$<Year={2010},SCENARIO = {ACTUALS},ACCT_LVL10 = {'Revenues (L1)'},MonthYearCount={$(=Max(MonthYearCount)-12)}>} NAT_AMT))/$(vScale))

Thanks,

Craig

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

please see the attched file

hope this helps u

Sunil Chauhan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
klausskalts
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I suggets that you create a unique Year_Month field e.g.

Date(Monthstart(Datefield), 'YYYY-MMM')

and/or use the addmonth-command to select directly in your Set-analysis formula.

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

please see the attched file

hope this helps u

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

This worked really well!!!!

Thanks for all the help!