Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connect To Server Error

Hello,

I'm having trying to connect to server with my credentials.  The address I was given was qvp://<ipaddress>

However, I'm getting this annoying error after I type of credentials.

Error Message

"

Failed to reach server: <ipaddress>:-1

Switching to HTTP tunneling

Connected to server OK, Security settings denies access

"

Any help to avoid this error would be much appreciated!

9 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Make sure port 4747 is open.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I added Port 4747 to the Windows Firewall.  Is this QVP port?  Is it related to HTTP Tunneling for IE Pluggin?  I am only using AJAX for our AccessPoint, so not using IE Pluggin at the moment.

Please advise.

Thanks!

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

QVP default port is 4747.

QVP is not Ajax, is either for Plugin or QVDeveloper.

Make sure user has that address between the proxy exceptions.

If you want to access the accesspoint through Ajax then you should do HTTP://IPADDRESS/QLIKVIEW.

Not applicable
Author

I attached the screenshot of the 4747 port that I opened.  Is that all I have to do?

Some machines can connect to the server, but some refuses to connect no matter how many times it tries.  Could it be browser caching issue? 

On the side note, is "Enable server push over HTTP tunnels" related to IE plugin then?

Your help is appreciated!

Port4747.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Also,

Is there a way to find out from the management console who has leased a license?  Maybe the person has leased too many times from multiple machines, and I can kick them out?  I want to ensure there's no abusing of licenses by one person.

Thanks!

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

You might want to talk to support about it as they might have more tools to help you.

You can see leased licenses in the licenses tab in the QEMC/history/license lease history.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

How if the client didn't use personal edition? How to lease the license?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Lawrence, we had the same problem and we connect to the server with a hostname to resolve it. qvp://<hostname>

Not applicable
Author

hello good evening, I see no longer respond to this forum, well if you have not found the problem it solves only reinicando QlikView and services and gave me access, I hope they serve this answer greetings!

Captura de pantalla 2014-04-07 12.32.08.png