Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hammermill21
Creator III
Creator III

Count two different expressions

Hello,

I have to data points, one is the EP# and the other is a STANDARD. I need to count all the EP# that pertain to The STANDARD that has EC in them. 

SO I have:

STANDARD:      EP#

EC.02.01.10      EP 9

LS.02.01.10      EP 10

EC.02.01.10      EP 11

LS.02.01.10      EP 12

LS.02.01.10      EP 13

EM.02.01.10      EP 14

LS.02.01.10      EP 15

So in my last question I was shown how to count the standards that have EC in them:  Count( {<STANDARD={'EC*'}>} STANDARD) and I tried to add to it for the EP# but nothing is working. I check all the threads but didn't find anything that really worked.

Thank you

28 Replies
hammermill21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

I tried that but it's not working. It should count 118 and I'm getting 3000, so it's not filtering out the ones that have EC. I have attached a sample of my data to see if that helps explain what I am trying to do.

sunny_talwar

Your sample seem to only have 1883 rows... how are you getting 3000?

hammermill21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That is only a part of the data, I cut it shorter not to send a crazy long file.

sunny_talwar

Hahaha okay, what is the expected number based on the file attached?

hammermill21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Should be 188 EP#'s based on all the standards that have EC in them.

sunny_talwar

Just to clarify, from the attached Excel file, you are hoping to see a count of 188? This 188 is not from your original data source, right?

hammermill21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yeah, it's from the original data source, I just cut it a bit short by removing some of the other standards that around not "EC".

sunny_talwar

So, for the sample you have provided... 188 would make no sense, right? How is that number useful for us to get you what you are looking for.

Another way is to explain what exactly are you looking to count and what is the condition behind it

hammermill21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No in that sample there are 188 also that I should be getting. There are 188 EP#'s that coincide with the Standards that contain "EC" in them.

sunny_talwar

This seems to work

=Count({<CHAPTER = {'EC'}>} EP#)