Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Binary Load from a published stream

Hi,

I have a requirement to isolate a sheet of an app to be under a different stream, so that Senior Managers could access cut down versions of various apps under one stream.

Considering the ease of on going admin, and maintain data model consistency, I thought it would be best to duplicate the app, load as a binary load of the existing app (in another published stream).

Is this possible? From what I have read you can binary load qvf's and qvw's from folders / libraries.

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies
karthikoffi27se
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Priyan,

Yes we can, please refer to this post, it shows how to do the binary load

https://community.qlikview.com/thread/68826

Many Thanks

Karthik

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks . However, the links that you had referred to are for QlikView. My question is in Qlik Sense Enterprise environment, how do you refer to the particular QVF that is already published in a stream.

karthikoffi27se
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Priyan,

The syntax is the same for both Qlikiew and QlikSense

Binary c:\qv\customer.qvw;

Many Thanks

Karthik

girishsrini
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Priyan,

Good-Day.

Binary load concept is same for both QlikView and QlikSense.

Hope you are aware that once the app is published it can't be edited at script mode, unless you create a duplicate copy and edit the new one.

You can't do a Binary load in already published app. Binary load can be done from non published app.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Girish,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am aware that load concept is the same for QlikView and Qlik Sense and the fact that once the app is published it cannot be edited in script mode unless you take a backup (which comes in your work area).

Let me explain what I am trying to achieve.

I have an app (Say App 'A') that is published in a steam and reload data on a scheduled task in Qlik Sense.

I would like to have another App (Say App'B') load the latest data and its model/association logic via  Binary load.

So in this case I am not editing App 'A'. (Just reading the data from App 'B' only). All what I am doing is creating a new App 'B' which could have a binary load. Then I will publish App 'B' under a new stream with different visual content.

Unfortunately I am unable to test this scenario at my server due to a bug in connection settings.(Which I am working with Qilk Support)  I just wanted to check from community how I could refer to the published app 'A' in my App 'B' in the above scenario. Or am i considering something that is not allowed.

Thanks in advance.

girishsrini

Hi Priyan,

Good-Day.

Well, Your requirement can be achieved. If i am not wrong, you are saying that "App A" holds historical data, "App B" holds as of current or latest data.

So you want 2 Apps which has same model structure but different data.

Be it published or working folder App, you can do a Binary load to get the App script in new app and reload it.

If the data is updated at source, on a reload in "App B", it will show the latest data.

If its still not clear, you can drop me an email or whatsapp.

Girish.srinivasaiah@hotmail.com

Ph:+91 9008165432

Regards,

Girish

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI All,

I have managed to resolve this issue.

First I created a folder connection to Qlik Sense App area. drive\shared data folder\Apps and call it QlikSenseApps

Obtained the App ID of the published stream. (App A)

Then use this the following in App B.

Binary [lib://QlikSenseApps/f7e6a026-86ef-4023-9e60-a0dc20a5e882];

Thanks for all your input.

girishsrini

Great. You figured it.