Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Scalability Tool - Failed to get app structure: Failed to to connect to app. Error: Failed to connect to application

We have QS Ver 3.1 single-node and can not get the app structure.

This issue is similar to the following Community article:ScalabilityTool assistence needed

Here is what we've tried so far:

1. Tried to locally install Tool on same location as Server; no luck.
  2. Tried to use the JSON file provided in Documentation; no luck.
  3. Tried a Port Scanner and used Ports open on Server; no luck.

This is the error we get: "Failed to get app structure: Failed to to connect to app. Error: Failed to connect to application"

The error log doesn't provide any insight on what is the issue.

Qlik Scalability‌@

Does anyone have any experience in debugging and getting past this issue?

16 Replies
naveenbalanagu
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Hector Lopez,

Recently I had similar issues while trying to connect to an app. As others mentioned in this thread, most of the connection issues are because of incorrect connection settings.

Looking at your screenshot,

1. SSL in not checked - is that correct?

2. Port number is not specified (it is 443  for https)

Is the app name correct? If fixing the above two didn't work then try using the app id instead of app name.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

it did not work

error sizing.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you,

It worked (Y)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello I have a query this error that can be?

error sizing.png

SebastianFabian
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello Hector,

Judging from the screenshot, it looks like you're trying to analyze scenario log files, not the regression log files. Make sure that you check the WriteRegression box under Worker Settings in the scenario editor and save your scenario. Run the test again and you should end up with files names "_regression.log". These are the files used in the Regression Analyzer.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

error sizing.pngI have a question? after executing the tasks where I see consumption results and more. I do not understand the result of this application.

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

Do you mean that you wonder how to analyze the results from the test execution? If that is the case, you need to read in serverlogs (performance counters) and the scalability tool logs into the Qlik Sense (or QlikView) Analyzer app:

Scalability Results Analyzer

Also, did your previous issue get resolved? In that case please mark the correct answer as correct for others encountering the same thing

And if there are additional issues, separate threads for each unique issue is also a good idea to keep track of everything.

Regards

/sebastian