Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

NPrinting 17.3 - Importing users with filters via excel

Hi,

I am using an excel file to import users with filters for implementing "cycle" like feature.

After the import, I can see the new filters created. But the filters and users are not associated. Is it the case? I need to manually map the filters with respective users? Or should that happen automatically?

11 Replies
andrewmo
Creator
Creator

Can this please be added to documentation. Took me forever to find this thread. My filters would not be applied due to comma in the filter name.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

February 2018 solves the issue. From its Release Notes:

Commas in filter, group, and role names in the user worksheet of import files were not

supported

User worksheets of an import Excel file could not contain commas in filter, group, and role names.

They must never be used in Qlik NPrinting versions prior to February 2018, because they will never

be associated with related users. This means that reports will not be delivered or filtered.

Starting from this version, commas can be used, as long as they are in between quotation marks: “,”.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.