Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Data source for Qliksense

Hi,

If the data volume is huge, which approach is better? Our source data is stored in excel. So using the excel as data source or loading the data to a database like SQL server and using that as data source?

15 Replies
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

And, if I understand it correctly, while doing development in sense hub, when you drag and drop excel files to the data manager, it is attaching - and we have a limit of 200 mb. If we create a folder connection to a server folder, and place the files there, and use data load editor - then there is no limit. Can anyone confirm this? And is this 200 mb configurable?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would ask the client for some basic info like

• How many files ?
  • Size in Mbytes / Gbytes of biggest file ?
  • Number of rows in biggest file ?

Different people can have widely varying definitions of what huge is, and I reckon an Excel "huge" is not "huge" in a  Qlik scenario..

Also I am not fan of Data Manager and always use plain load scripts.

reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Ok.

But my client want to know the answers for the questions I asked. They want to know the limitations of attaching file to app. So can you confirm if my understanding is correct?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The manual says re Data Manager :

• The maximum total size of files attached to the app, including image files uploaded to the media library, is 200 MB.
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Yes. But in script, there is no limit, right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No limit via the script that I have encountered or heard of, except running out of RAM.

If you need a definitive answer then I'd suggest you go directly to Qlik and ask them.