Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Workbench - QvObject can see my documents, but not objects.

Installed Workbench v10 SR3. Trying to create a prototype web page using the documentation from Workbench. My QlikView server is on another computer. Pointing the QvObject to the other computer with the QlikView server is working. The list of QV documents in the QvObject is populated correctly, but when I select one of the documents no object types or object IDs are available. See screen shots below.

qvWorkbench01.png

qvWorkbench02.png

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Here are a few thsings that might help:

1) Verify that you have rights to open the file. Try opeing the file from Access Point in a web browser on the same machine that Visual Studio is installed on.

2) Verify that the QVS you are trying to connect to has ;;Workbench;YES; in the LEF (license enabler file). If not contact you QlikView Account Manager who will be able to help you get a permanent or evaluation LEF that allows Workbench.

3) Verify that you used the QlikView Workbench Template from inside Visual Studio when you started your Project and that you did not simply create a blank web site.

8-25-2011 2-02-41 PM.png

Using the template will ensure that you are using the Proxy page and not getting any Cross Site Scripting issues.

Regards,

Dan

Not applicable
Author

Dan,

Thanks for the timely response. I am able to access the QVW from access point from my dev laptop, and I did start from the QV template in VS. We are an OEM and the license does not have Workbench;Yes; so I will check with our account manager.

-Jim

Not applicable
Author

I have an email into our account manager to see about the license. What I find interesting though is I can see the QVWs from the design tool in VS. It seems like if the license was the issue then I would not be able to see the QVWs either.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jim,

I'm guessing that the license is the issue. THe QVS is up and running fine and therefore you can get the document list back off of the Server, but when you try to open a specific document using a Workbench website as the client then the QVS check to see if its LEF has the corret endorsement. If it does not have it then it does not open the document.

Regards,

Dan

Not applicable
Author

Dan,

Thanks makes sense. Hopefully I will hear back from our account manager soon and get a license with Workbench;Yes.

One last question, is there anything special about authentication I need to be aware of with regards to accessing QVW's from Workbench? The Workbench documentation does not seem to make any mention of authentication.

Thanks, Jim

Not applicable
Author

Dan,

Thanks makes sense. Hopefully I will hear back from our account manager soon and get a license with Workbench;Yes.

One last question, is there anything special about authentication I need to be aware of with regards to accessing QVW's from Workbench? The Workbench documentation does not seem to make any mention of authentication.

Thanks, Jim

Not applicable
Author

Hi Friends, someone find the solution? , Thanks!