Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fixed count to use for formulas

I would like to use the count of employee by location as a fixed count.

For example if I use the frequency check box in the location list box I get a number I would like to use.

I want to look at Occupancy by day. But in order to do that I need to have a fixed count of employees by location. So I can use that number to calcualate daily access.

When I make selections the number drops by the day and I cant get the % of daily visits compared to the count of employees for a certain region.

I thought maybe I would need to build a variable. I am sure this a pretty basic question but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Cassadi

1 Reply
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Cassadi,

not sure if I got your issue correctly, but I think you want to get a count independent from current selections.

You could do this with set analysis (have a look in the help file about set analysis or here:  http://iqlik.wordpress.com/2010/09/11/the-magic-of-set-analysis-syntax-and-examples/)

So if you want to count the percentage of employees in your selection compared to the number by location without limitation by selection, I would use a chart (e.g. straight table) with dimension Location and then as expression

= count(Employee) / count({1} Employee)

the {1} will get the count() to disregard your current selections.

If you want to get the share of Employees for a certain location compared to all Locations, you could use

= count(Employee) / count(total Employee)

here, total will disregard the charts dimension (certain location).

Hope this helps,

Stefan