Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monyedra
Partner - Contributor III

Error installing qlik sense server february

Hello Experts,

gno

I cannot install qlik sense server february 2018 (multi node site), I want create the file QlikShare in "Storage NAS of Isilon", but show the next message

installed failed.png

In the log show:

"The service user does not have permission to write to the Root folder, make sure that it exists and has the correct permissions.

CustomAction CA_ValidateSharedFolders returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)"

I am on a x64 machine with windows server 2012 R2

I have not been able to install this no matter what i try, it seems like the installation just rolls back right before its done installing.

Log is attached below...

Thanks

Monica

7 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Monica,

Make sure that the folder has 2 things:

1- Shared rights permissions for the service account (KQVSPROX01\sysadmin). Read more: https://blog.varonis.com/the-difference-between-share-and-ntfs-permissions/  --> Check the "Share".

2- Check if KQVSPROX01\sysadmin has full NTFS permissions. Read more:

https://blog.varonis.com/the-difference-between-share-and-ntfs-permissions/ --> Check the"NTFS".

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

there you can find the right click and check the security there you find the permisions to whom you have given same you have to give

then only it will work

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others

monyedra
Author

Hi!!!

Thanks gno

The solution was to change the user to a master user (domain).

My original user was the user's local administrator, but the Shared Folder in Storage (Isilon) could not be created with that user.

Now, i have other issue, when I add a scheduler type node, in the end it was send the next error:

Cannot reach the following remote host when distributing certificates: http://<ServerAddress>:4444/setup/certificateDistribution

certificate ok.png

Error node.png

The port it is ok, the command telnet or netstat respond right.

The user, is a domain user.

The Firewall are down in each node

Any idea?

Thanks

Giuseppe_Novello

Monica, well makes sense that local user won't be recognize Isilon, so yeah, it return to the conclusion of rights problems. The Issue with adding RIM nodes, might be that the RIM node did start correctly, maybe due to the same reason, no access to the shared path. Go to the RIM node logs  "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Repository\Trace"

Look for the <servername>_system_repository.txt log and see whats making it fail. In the QMC when you see "node is offline" means that there is not contact back to the repo service for the RIM nodes.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
monyedra
Author

Hi Giuseppe gno

I have reviewed the records you mention, I attach the logs

Note: I installed more nodes, the node Qlik ProxyFO and works correctly

All nodes are set up with the same user

KQVQLKSPROX02 - that's ok

KQVSSCHED01 /02 - is the problem

I have reinstalled, it shows the following

QMC (2).png

Thanks

hbandari3636
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi monica,

Did you mean that the user which installs the Qliksense should also create the shared folder or is it something else? I am using different user to install the qliksense and created folder with other user. But I have given full access permissions to the user for the shared folder however but still the same error comes up.Is there something else I need to do ?