Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can you get max and min values for expression and have dimensions honored, how?

There is data that has a few expression calculations.  Dimensions are being used to who data for the axis and the axis changes as you drill into the chart. 

How do I ensure all the data in a dimension level is honored in the layer.  Seems it should be simple, but tried a couple ways and just missing it.

Look at the attached combo charts.

Chart 2 has what is needed at the highest level of week view.  However, if I drill into Char2, it gives a correct calculation for the next dimension level but shows a dimension level 3 lower AND does not spread the bar chart accross the categories at all and this is the biggest issue with this.  

If after you drill in once into Chart2, if you look at Chart1, there is some distribution accross the groups in Chart1, but in Chart 1, unit does not correctly consider both groups below it correctly until I drill into unit further. 

Any ideas?

Thanks,

D

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I had a similar situation where I didn't have all that many dimensions to drill through so I used some if statements to control the expressions a bit better, something like this:

if (GetCurrentField([Group Name]) = 'Wk', Min(total aggr(sum(Base_total), Wk)),

Just replace the field names with your own and add a few more if's

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I had a similar situation where I didn't have all that many dimensions to drill through so I used some if statements to control the expressions a bit better, something like this:

if (GetCurrentField([Group Name]) = 'Wk', Min(total aggr(sum(Base_total), Wk)),

Just replace the field names with your own and add a few more if's

Not applicable
Author

I am looking at this and thanks.

Does anyone know why when I drill in one level it the dimensions themselves do not do the separation of the data?

Not applicable
Author

Leonard,

Was able to use that concept and get a viable result. 

Thanks,

D