Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bramdekort
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Usage of brackets around date field in Monthstart function

Hi all,

I encountered a strange behavior of the Monthstart function in Qlik Sense. Hope one of you can clear this mystery for me :-).

I made a Master (drilldown) dimension called 'Besteldatum' (Orderdate in English) with the following expression:

=Dual(Year([Besteldatum])&'-'&Month([Besteldatum]), monthstart(Besteldatum))

=Dual('week'&Num(Week([Besteldatum]),00),Num(Week([Besteldatum]),00))

Using this dimension in a bar chart together with a count on ordernumbers, it looks like this when drilled down to week level:

Week view.JPG

Then, when I make the following minor change to the master dimension (including the square brackets around the field 'Besteldatum' in the function monthstart, the same bar chart (using the same month selection as above)) looks like this:

=Dual(Year([Besteldatum])&'-'&Month([Besteldatum]), monthstart([Besteldatum]))

=Dual('week'&Num(Week([Besteldatum]),00),Num(Week([Besteldatum]),00))

Week view (brackets).JPG

Does anyone know about this? Is this maybe a bug?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Bram

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

This is weird... do you know which one is the right solution? Would you be able to share a sample to check this out?

bramdekort
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Sunny, The right solution is the top bar chart, but that only works without the use of the square brackets around the field name. I can't share a sample easily as the data contains client data. Kind regards, Bram

sunny_talwar

That is very bizarre and I don't think I can explain what might be going here. May be pcammaert‌ or hic‌ might have ideas?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I cannot find a rational explanation. It "looks" like a bug. But maybe my knowledge is too limited to explain this behavior. Henric has the final word.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Strange... There should be no difference between quotes or no quotes. I would like to see the document before I guess anything.

HIC

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others