cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s29124141
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

401 Unauthorized error after Qlik Sense November 2017 upgrade

We are seeing calls to below URL are failing after we upgraded Qlik Sense to November 2017 release. We have ticket authentication enabled for users and not sure why this is redirecting to windows authentication?

https://hostname:port/default/api/about/v1/language?_=1512590526479

Qlik Sense Server : Windows 2016

Qlik Sense Version : Qlik Sense November 2017 - 11.24.1

Dev Tools Network log

0.png

Console Error

console.png

Dev Tools Network log Detail for the first OPTIONS request

1.png

Dev Tools Network log Detail for the first GET request

2.png

Dev Tools Network log Detail for the first OPTIONS request

3.png

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem, did you ever find a solution?

s29124141
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Michael,

Below is the response I had received from Qlik Support. We are upgraded to February 2018 release now and we still see the same problem. Since this error is just in the browser console, we ended up ignoring that issue now.

This was identified as an issue in the November version, that has been fixed in the patch 2 release of November.  There is a way to workaround this temporarily, but it will hard code one language into the application, without the ability to change (en-US, or whatever you choose).  If you would like to workaround this, instead of waiting for the new release to come out, you can do the following:

1. Stop "Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher" Service on all nodes
  2. Make a backup of "C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\AboutService\middlewares\language.js"
  3. Replace language.js file with the one attached in the portal: language.js
  4. Start "Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher" Service on all nodes
  5. Verify if the temp fix works.

I believe the box will need to be rebooted after this change is made.  If you would like to wait, Patch 2 of November should be released in the next few weeks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd love to try it out, could you attach the language.js file they supplied you?

s29124141
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Please find the attached file that we got from Qlik Support.

bmd
Employee
Employee

Has anyone seen a resolution to this?  I've tried both updating the language file and patch 2 and neither fixed the console error.