Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronwintjens
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

What is the difference between QS Development and QS Test environment, and which when to choose?

In the Qlik pricelist I find a license for a QS Enterprise Development environment and also for a QS Enterprise Test environment.

I don't know what the difference is between those to licenses  (functionality, limitations, ... ) and which license I need to recommend a customer to order?

Where can I find more information?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rittermd
Master
Master

I believe that when you purchase an Enterprise license that you also get some tokens to setup a Test or Dev environment. 

You should be doing all of your development work in this Test environment and would have a limited number of users (developers, testers, etc.).

Once an app passes QA then you export it and publish it to your Production environment where end users would have access. 

You could also have a 3rd environment (Prod, Dev, Test).  We have that.  We use Test to load the latest version and test our apps there.  Once approved then we update our Dev and Prod environments.  Don't know if you would have to buy some tokens for this Test environment or if Qlik would just give you a few.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

I believe that when you purchase an Enterprise license that you also get some tokens to setup a Test or Dev environment. 

You should be doing all of your development work in this Test environment and would have a limited number of users (developers, testers, etc.).

Once an app passes QA then you export it and publish it to your Production environment where end users would have access. 

You could also have a 3rd environment (Prod, Dev, Test).  We have that.  We use Test to load the latest version and test our apps there.  Once approved then we update our Dev and Prod environments.  Don't know if you would have to buy some tokens for this Test environment or if Qlik would just give you a few.

ronwintjens
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.