Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam_1919
Partner - Contributor III

Triggering Qlik NPrinting Publish task Automatically after successful Qlik Sense Data Load

Hi All,

1. How to trigger a Qlik NPrinting task automatically as soon as

the Qlik Sense application is loaded with the data.

2. Also there is a UserID in one of the fields of Qlik Sense.

How to Specifically send the data associated to that user id to the respective mails to the user with that User ID?

Currently we are having

NPrinting February 2018

and

Qlik Sense Server February 2018.

It would be helpful if i get the information at the earliest.

Thanks and Regards

Saiprasad Ashok More

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Check this community post Re: How to use Qlik NPrinting APIs inside a Qlik Sense load script

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
escayolaj

1. I am not sure if it's possible, I would say no. Maybe using the QlikSense API and Nprinting API but no idea exactly how.

2. For that you need to apply section access: Nprinting will automatically split the data and reports based on the section access you set up in the source QlikSense application. Make sure to check the box "Apply Section Access" when creating the connection to your app. Also remember to add the service account of the Nprinting server to the section access.

sam_1919
Author

Hi Jose,

Thank you for responding.

1. So is there any NPrinting API which can help me achieve this?

2. Is there any other way of doing it rather than applying section access?

I have their Mail IDs, User ID can be a filter right? So when the Qlik Sense application is loaded with the data, Nprinting will send the data to their respective Mail IDs, this might be the flow i guess(Not Sure).

Let me know if anything i have missed or needed.

Thanks

Saiprasad Ashok More

escayolaj

1. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/Extending/NPrinting-APIs-Reference-Redir...

This is the API reference for Nprinting. It is still an experimental version according to Qlik but it looks like it has the method POST for Taks executions that can be useful for your use case.

2. You don't need to apply a filter on User ID in Nprinting. If you apply section access in the source app, Nprinting will automatically distribute the reports to the Nprinting users as set up in the section access. I believe this is the best option given your requirements.

If you don't want to apply section access, you will have to create a cycle on UserID, so each report contains the data for each user ID. However, the ALL reports will be sent to ALL users. If you need to send to each user only its corresponding report, I don't think this is possible with this approach.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Check this community post Re: How to use Qlik NPrinting APIs inside a Qlik Sense load script

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
sam_1919
Author

Hi Jose and rpc‌‌, Thank you so much for the help, appreciate it.

1. I have been using a Post Method in Qlik sense and it is throwing error saying 404 Not Found. Let me know how to tackle the situation.

I have used Url: https://ServerName:4993/#/api/v1/login/ntlm‌ , Windows NTLM and Credentials. Skipped certificate validation. Query Header: Origin and The Qlik Sense Login Url.

Screenshot (213).png

let me know what's the next step you suggest.
2. Want to do a Recipient Import. tried Import Task with the excel consisting Filters, Users and Groups worksheet in a single Excel.
Kept it in the server folder.
Getting the error:
Importing filters and recipients for file with path C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\Imports\NP_Web_Imports.xlsx

Error parsing import data: Could not find file 'C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\Imports\NP_Web_Imports.xlsx'.

Please check file path and file structure: all 3 required worksheets must be present in file.

Screenshot (215).png
Apologies for bringing all the issues in the same thread, since i have to address these issues ASAP.
djk‌, Sir It will be helpful if you look into this.
Hoping to get a solution.
You guys are awesome.
Thanks and Regards
Saiprasad Ashok More
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The error "Please check file path and file structure: all 3 required worksheets must be present in file." means that you changed the structure of the Excel file you are trying to import.

In Qlik NPrinting 17 you can import users and filters from an Excel file but it must have the structure of the file that you can find in the page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Filters.... Don't chenge nothing. The file must have all the worksheets with the names in the example, all the columns in the order and with names of the example etc.

You just need to fill the sample file in the help site with you data and it will work.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
mirasifali
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Jose,

I am getting exactly the same error while using POST. have you got this resolved ?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @mirasifali 

please open new conversation for your issue as this one seems too old and version changes in last few years may cause some problems. Describe all steps. You may also need to provide detailed screenshots of each step you do to help investigate...

Also have a detailed read here:

https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/04/08/nprinting-api-qlik-rest-subroutines/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Ruggero,

is this solution valid for latest release?

Thanks,

Rohit