Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

count of active months

Hi,

With below expression, we are able to get sum of value which we have in 18months. How can we get count of the months

Sum({<Date = {"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(Date), -24)) & '<=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(Date), -6)))"}>}Value)

For example, i will be having data as 100 in last 12 months, this does not mean as in all last 12 months i have data.

how can i get months and count of months in which i have data.

Can anyone please suggest on this

24 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i need to get month details youusef, i think your expression will give sum of value where value is greater than zero.

i tried below

=if(count({<Date = {"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(Date), -5)) & '<=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(Date), 0)))"}>}value)>0,1,0)

this is giving me 1 , where we have data for particular month.

i got result as

jan    1

feb    1

apr    1

but when i trying to count it, it is giving me blank data

=countif(count({<Date = {"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(Date), -5)) & '<=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(Date), 0)))"}>}value)>0,1,0))

Can you suggest as how i can count this

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

let's try this:

Count( {< Date = {"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(Date), -24)) & '<=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(Date), -6)))"},

your_month_field = {"=Sum(Value)>0"} >} Distinct your_month_field )

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Please find attached.

look at the data loaded, at the expression used and at the result

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI youssef,

using app and expression you send really helpful for getting the count of data which is greater than zero.

But i need the count of months where we have only data not the sum of value where greater than zero.

I need the only count of months  when having data only

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi

thanks for your response

using this expression i am getting blank data. can you send sample app for this if possible. if i have any format issues. using that i can check

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

I send you the count of dates (same as month) when data is not null. And not count of data

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

this is thesion, you gave,

here you using sum aggr in expression, where is count of months.

Sum({<Date = {"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(Date), -24)) & '<=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(Date), -6)))"},Value={"=len(trim(Value))<>0"}>} Value)

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

take a look at yellow text box expression.

i hope this helps.

Andrea

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

I was talking about the app I send you. Did you open it and look at the expression used ??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes,

here you using sum aggr in expression, where is count of months.

Sum({<Date = {"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(Date), -24)) & '<=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(Date), -6)))"},Value={"=len(trim(Value))<>0"}>} Value)