Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anandnimbalkar
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Certification as Business Analyst

Dear All,

I am working on Qlik Sense and I want some information about Qlik Sense Certification Exam Contains for Business Analyst.

I have already done Base SAS Certification and familiar with Pearson VUE.

There was Section wise passing like,

Accessing Data

Creating Data Structures

Generating Reports

Handling Errors

Managing Data

Now what will be Sections in Qlik Sense Certification Exam?

If anyone have achieved the Qlik Sense Certification as Business Analyst please share briefly about exam and all important things which are necessary to focus for Certification Exam.

Also please share some dumps for study.

How much experience level will required for archiving Qlik Sense Certifications as Business Analyst?

Thanks,

Anand.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OmarBenSalem

I found this in Qlik.com:

Qlik Sense Business Analyst Certification | Qlik

Exam Domain Areas

Interpret Business Requirements (20% of the exam)

• Based on business requirements, identify KPIs, dimensions and measures
  • Propose the appropriate business solution for various types of users and devices
  • Based on business requirements, determine which dimensions, measures, and visualizations should be added to a master library
  • Compare and contrast Qlik Sense Desktop vs. Qlik Sense Server Development

Prepare Data for Application (17% of the exam)

• Determine the steps for loading data from a file-based data source
  • Given a data model, resolve simple data modeling issues that exist (e.g., structure issues, circular reference, synthetic keys)
  • Given a data model, resolve simple data quality issues that exist (e.g., content issues, associations)

Design the Application User Interface (28% of the exam)

• Determine the type of visualization to be displayed based on the information relationship (e.g., comparison, relationship, distribution, composition, extension, etc.) Identify the appropriate number of dimensions and measures to use in a visualization
  • Determine appropriate sheet layout and/or organization (e.g., DAR, grouping, etc.)
  • Determine the options for chart configuration
  • Identify the appropriate usage of colors (i.e., application color)
  • Identify the appropriate usage of visualization elements (e.g. color, size, bubble measure, sort, title, etc.)

Build the User Interface (30% of the exam)

• Determine how to build the contents of a master library
  • Determine the process for building an application with objects and sheets
  • Identify how to add images and/or install extensions
  • Determine the steps to build and present a story
  • Identify the source of rendering or data issues
  • Determine steps to mitigate issues and problems

Deliver the Application (5% of the exam)

• Determine the steps to deliver or update an application

View solution in original post

6 Replies
OmarBenSalem

I found this in Qlik.com:

Qlik Sense Business Analyst Certification | Qlik

Exam Domain Areas

Interpret Business Requirements (20% of the exam)

• Based on business requirements, identify KPIs, dimensions and measures
  • Propose the appropriate business solution for various types of users and devices
  • Based on business requirements, determine which dimensions, measures, and visualizations should be added to a master library
  • Compare and contrast Qlik Sense Desktop vs. Qlik Sense Server Development

Prepare Data for Application (17% of the exam)

• Determine the steps for loading data from a file-based data source
  • Given a data model, resolve simple data modeling issues that exist (e.g., structure issues, circular reference, synthetic keys)
  • Given a data model, resolve simple data quality issues that exist (e.g., content issues, associations)

Design the Application User Interface (28% of the exam)

• Determine the type of visualization to be displayed based on the information relationship (e.g., comparison, relationship, distribution, composition, extension, etc.) Identify the appropriate number of dimensions and measures to use in a visualization
  • Determine appropriate sheet layout and/or organization (e.g., DAR, grouping, etc.)
  • Determine the options for chart configuration
  • Identify the appropriate usage of colors (i.e., application color)
  • Identify the appropriate usage of visualization elements (e.g. color, size, bubble measure, sort, title, etc.)

Build the User Interface (30% of the exam)

• Determine how to build the contents of a master library
  • Determine the process for building an application with objects and sheets
  • Identify how to add images and/or install extensions
  • Determine the steps to build and present a story
  • Identify the source of rendering or data issues
  • Determine steps to mitigate issues and problems

Deliver the Application (5% of the exam)

• Determine the steps to deliver or update an application
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Anand - If I were you - I would skip Business Analyst one. Instead, I would pursue the Data Architect certification. In the real world, there is no BA role just for Qlik.

And please don't rely on dumps. My 2 cents.

All the best!

Cheers,

DV

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Yeah, Agree !

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others

rittermd
Master
Master

I went to the conference 2 years ago and took the BA certification exam.  I did not do any prep or study for it.  I was able to pass strictly on my experience of working with Qlik Sense.

At this point I can't remember the specific focus of the exam.  And it has probably changed since then anyway.

But if you have worked with QS for any period of time you should be able to pass this one if you decide to take it.

I would agree with the others that the Data Architect exam has more value in the real world.  It is also much more difficult.  I have taken it 2 times and fallen short both times because this exam seems to focus on scripting functions that I just don't use.  Unfortunately they would ask 5 or 6 questions about the same function or process.  So if you don't know that one you are going to get 5 or 6 questions wrong.  Hopefully that has changed since last year.

anandnimbalkar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks dear all, I have noted all points.

saravana325da
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi All,

Try to attend all the questions with more relevant answer..do not leave any qns unanswered , there is no -ve marks, during exam u can mark the doubt questions and review at the end of the exam if you have time.

It was really tough..50 Multiple Choice Questions, scenario based paragraph with similar choices to choose with in 120 minutes ,58% is pass score, reading qns and choosing correct answer is takes more time for me,
Mostly all qns came under the exam study guide topics(attached pdf highlighted), so please focus the pdf exam guide topic for QS Business Analyst.

Please refer the excel file for your exam preparation, all links are provided in sequence.

if you study/Practice regularly it takes 30 -60 Days to complete the Business Analyst certification.

please give your Vote if you like this answer and recommend to any one to prepare for the Exam