cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markp201
Creator III
Creator III

Nprinting dynamic filter not working.

All I need to is find all values that match on the first 3 characters.

LEFT([Product Code],3)='XXX'

I've tried every combination of settings but all return empty filter.

Do I need the equal sign?  IsNumeric?  Evaluate?  Does the number column need to be 0 or -1 ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
markp201
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Forgot to mention - we're using v16.5

Ouch - we're upgrading to 17 and that will have a major impact.

I did find the solution

ValueNumberNumericEvaluate
=LEFT([Field Name],3)='XXX'-1X (checked)NOT checked

According to this article, I should use evaluate and not numeric.

How to Use QlikView Advanced Search with NPrinting Filters

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

did  you tried with evaluate?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Mark,

In Qlik NPrinting 17 at the moment (February 2018) you need to add a column in the QlikView or Qlik Sense script with values True or False based on the result of the formula and use that column in the Qlik NPrinting filter.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
markp201
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Forgot to mention - we're using v16.5

Ouch - we're upgrading to 17 and that will have a major impact.

I did find the solution

ValueNumberNumericEvaluate
=LEFT([Field Name],3)='XXX'-1X (checked)NOT checked

According to this article, I should use evaluate and not numeric.

How to Use QlikView Advanced Search with NPrinting Filters

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Ok, this works in Qlik NPrinting 16.* but will not work in Qlik NPrinting 17.* at least right now with February 2018. Maybe in the future this gap will be filled, but if you plan to migrate to 17 you should implement the calculated field in the script.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
RichardSmith
Contributor III
Contributor III

It looks like I have a similar problem, I'm new to NPrinting and using version 17 and have tried everything to select a dynamic month filter. The only way I can get a month filter to work is e.g. Month Value is Apr. I've tried evaluate = Month(Now()). Anyone have any ideas how I could code this please?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please open a new conversation for a new question. Thanks.

Your issue could be caused by the data type. The function Month() https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/DateAndTimeFun... returns a dual value. Check if your field is also dual.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero