Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Ans for the foll. Interview Questions faced during Project Interview.

Hi All,

I have 1.6+ years of Exp in QV 11.2. I'm, giving interviews for the Internal projects. Below are the few questions that I faced during Interview and need to have their answers. Kindly help please.

1. Non-Optimized Load and Duration time

Situation 1: Plain Extraction and Apply Map

Situation 2: Resident Load on Extracted QVD and then Apply Map

Situation 3: Preceding Load and Apply Map

From above 3 situations,  rank in order on the basis of fastest, faster, fast load and why?

2. Straight Table has a few Ds and Es that shows Currency as $USD. With the list box provided that has option it to change to Pound and INR then how the selection must change the values in Straight Table to the selected Currency?

3. Dashboard is in English and now if the list box is provided that has values Spanish, Japanese and etc then how the complete dashboard will change its language?

4. How to color the alternate rows of the Straight Table having 5 Ds and 3 Es?

5. Initial Data reduction based on Section Access is checked and Strict exclusion is unchecked, what will happen?

6. Is it mandatory to write the Section Access code in Hidden script? If so, why?

7. What is "Section Application" in the section access code?

8. Have 1 QVD that has data for Q3-2017 and Q4-2017. Now, I have to append the data for Q1-2018 and remove Q3-2017 data in the same QVD using Incremental Load.

Also, do let me know where can I get such scenario based questions to study?

Thank you so much in advance. Eagerly waiting for the answers to pen down.

12 Replies
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

6. Is it mandatory to write the Section Access code in Hidden script? If so, why?

Please go through the below link.Very informative

QlikView Section Access Examples

Introduction to Section Access

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

1. But if I'm not wrong Resident load takes more time than plain extraction because u load ur 1st QVD, apply transformation using resident load (means same QVD loading twice + Applymap) please correct me if I'm wrong.

My ans was : 1. Preceding (fastest) 2. Plain Extraction (faster) 3. Resident

I think, resident load will be faster

2. For the Quarter data using Incremental load.. We need to use all the 3 concepts right: Insert, Update, Delete?

It depends on your data, if new data is having duplicate data , use update or if some records are deleted then use Delete option further

3. Language variable means: can u put some light on this to change the language.

You need translation files for this, and then create language variable wherever you want to dynamically change the text

4. For the Currency conversion, its not just the sign we need to think we need the Rs. to be converted into Pounds or USD or vice versa.

Yes, you need to convert it as per latest rates,