Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Does =IF(GROUP_CLASS='G1',company) able to work in ver 12 ?

Hi All

I use below expression at dimension :-

=IF(GROUP_CLASS='G1',company)

it does not work for my QVW.

Can some one share with me does Ver12 able to view the result ?

Paul Yeo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Seems to work for me in QV12

Capture.PNG

Note the highlighted part... this shows up because you have not checked 'Suppress When Value Is Null' on the dimensions tab... once you do that... the null should go away and the total should adjust also

View solution in original post

5 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

My QVW

sunny_talwar

Seems to work for me in QV12

Capture.PNG

Note the highlighted part... this shows up because you have not checked 'Suppress When Value Is Null' on the dimensions tab... once you do that... the null should go away and the total should adjust also

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Why not use set analysis in Your sum sales? Will save you a lot of memory while createing the Object.

Use Country Company as Dimension, in sum(sales) add, sum({<GROUP_CLASS={'G1'}>}sales)

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi sunny

wow you are very able to zoom in very deep.

I though it is due to $SYN key issue , after clear all my $SYN key i still face the same issue , so i using just one sales table file , now finally you are able to point out the issue,

Thank you

Paul Yeo

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Staffan

I am aware that i can filter at expression. it is just that i want to know the reasons why it cannot work. As it is alway important understand why ?

Paul Yeo