Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access in AJAX

Hi,

We would like to incorporate section access on document level. The section access table should be maintained and deployed in the Publisher. After login to the AccessPoint, user should be able to open document with section, without having to reenter user and password.

So far these are the problems we're facing:

1. We've managed to create section access table in the publisher. The table has the following fields:

1. ACCESS, NTNAME, USERID and GROUP

However, when trying to read the table from the IDE using Section Access > Publisher authentication, we're getting Access denied in the wizard (The user which opens the document has ADMIN ACCESS)

2. Using an inline Section Access works but the login dialog appears.  Is there a way to avoid that?

Appreciate your help,

Dror

7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Dror,

Add the account that the services are running under in Windows in the form DOMAIN\USERNAME (uppercase) to the section access. Make sure the NTNAME for the users is in the same form, always uppercase and DOMAIN\USER. If this is correct, then you don't need the USERID field (this is used with the PASSWORD field).

The login dialog will appear unless you are running Internet Explorer, and you configure it to pass the current credentials to the server (Tools, Internet Options, Security, Custom Level, User Authentication, Automatic logon with current username...), or if your browser has some option in this regard.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

Appericiate your prompt and helpful response!

Any idea why i cannot read the authtable.htm (Publisher) in the Qlikview Desktop?

Dror

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Dror,

Is there any error message? Have you tried any other webpage?

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

My excuses for the late reaction.

To acomplish the task i've taken the following steps:

1. Create SectionAccess table in the Publisher

Capture.PNG

Please note that:

- Test\dsn is a Qlikview developer account. I use this account to log in to the server an open the QVW documentr (member of Administrator and Qlikview Administrator groups)

- Test\qvsadmin - The account which runs the publisher and server (member of Administrator and Qlikview Administrator groups)

2. Copy the Section Access's table URL

SectionAccessTable.PNG

4. Open Qlikview Desktop. Create Section Access reference using  Insert > Section Access > Publisher Authentication

paste the URL

QVDektonSAPg2.PNG

5. ... HTML cannot be read

QVDektonSAPg3.PNG

What am i missing? What am im doing wrong??

Please help,

Best regards,

Dror

Message was edited by: drorsvr I've reuploaded the first picture. Hope this fix the problem.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Dror,

Unfortunately, the first three pictures you loaded are now being shown here. Can you please make sure they uploaded properly?

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

I've reuploaded the first picture. Hope this fix the problem.

agilos_mla
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello,

did anyone succeed to access this table url ?

I'am experiencing the same issue witht this authorization table.

It seems that the publisher table must be read by the user thats runs the QV services.

When I log the server with this QV user (which is also local adminà and key the url for the authtable in a browser, the browser asks for user/pwd but

when i log with the basic local admin (ex. root) the url is shown without prompting for user/pwd.

Then it seens to be more an authentication issue?

Thx 4 your help,

Mike