cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting a Qlik Sense Pivot table in nPrinting

nPrinting Version 17.3, Qlik Sense Version 3.0 SR3

Currently have a Pivot Table set up in Qlik Sense, and was looking for ways to bring this information in to a nPrinting Excel report.

I've established my connection and am in the nPrinting Designer but the pivot table object does not appear in the Item Master List under Level's or Tables.

Can you really not bring Qlik generated Pivot Tables in to nPrinting?  I saw the tutorial in how to manipulate a Straight table to make it in to a Pivot table in excel, but i'd rather not have to create a separate object just for nPrinting to grab the data that i need and generate the object.

I saw the object appears under the Images but that is not what i want because i want to be able to create a chart using the data in the table.

So my question is, do i need to create a totally separate straight table just for this data, so that i can bring it in to excel and then create the pivot table in excel, then create the chart using the data.  Or is there a way i can just bring the pivot table from Qlik Sense?

Thanks for any help or guidance!

17 Replies
sam_1919
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Chanty,

Thank you for your response.
Yeah i agree with Andy.

The table which i want to create is a pivot with

Row: Customergroup

Column: JC code

Measure: Sales in TonsScreenshot (237).png

The intention of having a pivot table in NPrinting is when a new JC code’s data comes up, separate columns gets

added up in Qlik Sense Pivot table.

I want to replicate the same feature in NPrinting Excel.

When a new JC’s data comes let’s say we had data till JC 8 this month, next month JC 9’s data is added in Qlik Sense, a new column is added in Qlik Sense, same should be added automatically in NPrinting.

Whether is there any way to achieve it?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Saiprasad Ashok More

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

yes it will add.

whenever the data is populated in QLiksense . then after the reload should happen in Qmc

then after you need to reload the metadata in Qlik Nprinitng

if you want to add any new coloumns in Qlik - the should be added in designer aswell.

sam_1919

Hi Chanty,

So it is a manual process of adding columns in designer?

Every time we have to add a column if we follow this method. In that case, it won't make much difference between pivot table properties and a straight table properties.

Is there any way where i just add pivot table ID in NPrinting, and it automatically adds the columns in Excel table when Qlik sense pivot is loaded with a new column?
We don't want to add more manual interventions.

Thanks and Regards
Saiprasad Ashok More

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

let me clear from my end:

adding data into column?    - foe example  this month you have 1 filed with 10 rows of data   next month it will be 11 rows?  -  if this means no need to add anything

or you are adding new column in your table?   - this means you need to add

sam_1919

I'm talking about column in the table.

If the column is added in the table, same should be reflected here.

E.x. I have Month in the pivot columns from Jan to Dec. and i have data only from Jan to March for now. other columns will be shown blanks or zeros. if April column in qlik sense gets data, even NPrinting should

can we have a table in NPrinting where the column get automatically added when qlik sense pivot gets the column data?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

yes.

you can create a custom template for that 12 months by default. so when ever the data fetch it will display the same.

sam_1919

We have dimension with 23 values in it. one pivot table which uses the same dimension has 23 columns data.

To replicate the same in straight table is tedious and clumsy.

Custom template you mean we have to create a straight table for all the 23 columns and then do it?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

you can add a stright table in qliksense sheet .

export that  into excel.

from that sheet you can create your pivot table how you want and all,.

then delete the base sheet data [it is called template]

same you can import to designer while creating it will ask for custom template

then you can use this and generate the template so it will give you the pivot table result.