Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III

Automatically update data in Qlik Sense "Story Telling" charts

Hi All,

I am looking for a solution where I create a story once and every week the data should automatically get updated in the story.

I understand that we can use snapshots and the entire sheet itself within a story, However, is there a way which probably I am not aware of which can help me achieve a story where the data in those charts in the story has to update every week or so.

FYI - I use Qlik Sense 3.2

Thank you very much.

16 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

In alot of ways its better than a powerpoint presentation as you can easily move back and forth between your live and static data which can be very powerful in turning your meeting into something more dynamic than a formal reporting of facts.

Practical uses

I've used stories for How to guides with the sheet function. (see your monitor apps for a good layout)

For supporting Quarterly Business Reviews (Copy the last story and update the charts accordingly)  this is a high level steering meeting so the story should be limited in scope and the time to built it so you can jump off into your data if required.

Fo regular reporting needs like I say NPrinting is a solution if you want to extend your existing Qlik Sense or QlikView investment,

Hope this helps

Regards

Andy

ErikWetterberg

Hi,

Mostly enigma js, as far as I know it's not covered in the other APIs. And as I said, it's rather complicated.

Erik

mlatabhi
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Will this only work with worksheets embedded? how about snapshots would those update?

divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Mary,

Snapshots will not be updated in Qlik Sense.

Jpqliksense
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Eric, I'm having the same problem. My experience with this product is relatively new. I would appreciate it if you could pass an example for this update of the story by api. thank you
gerald_lebret
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Nprinting would be nice if it was not that expensive. I totally agree with the original post. When I present the story function, my clients are really enthusiastic, but when I tell them it cannot be updated, they are really disappointed.

I am not looking for something automatic but an option that would allow the user to update the data contained in a story manually.

If anyone has a solution, I would be more than happy to know it.

Thanks

anjalinandagopal
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @divya_anand ,

I'm here fishing around for the same requirement. Its something which we've been waiting for quite some time. I agree with your point and with @ogster1974 .

The feature you're after is what I really need and this will allow users to maintain the story as they prefer, instead of us having to create a story board for them.
Pro: User can manage the story themselves.
Cons: Data doesn't refresh and snaphshots have to be replaced every time.

Nprinting is the only other alternative like Andy suggested at the moment, but it isn't something which users can configure on their own. But once its built in users will receive the refreshed data in pdf/excel format without having to do anything manually themselves everyday/week/month. A little effort in setting things up and configuring the Nprinting report is required initially. But this report can be configured only by developers.

Pro: Data refreshes based on frequency once set up and will be delivered to users automatically
Cons: Only Developers or designers can configure the reports.