Not applicable

Use Postgres rds as database in AWS for qliksense

Did anybody tried the Qliksense installation using a Postgres rds from AWS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Make sure this port is also part of AWS Security Group of RDS is using.

Use following points.

1-RDS End point

2-DB name(QRS is default that qliksense accepts while installation)

3-User Name

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Yes, customers have used RDS as a source for the Qlik Sense Repository Database. Is there a specific question about it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

we r trying to automate our env setup in aws cloud.

If I have to give the database information in spc.cfg file what needs to specify in the tag <dbhost>.

<?xml version="1.0"?> <SharedPersistenceConfiguration xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <DbUserName>username</DbUserName> <DbUserPassword>password</DbUserPassword> <DbHost>ip/hostname</DbHost> <DbPort>4432</DbPort> <RootDir>\\server\share</RootDir> <StaticContentRootDir>\\server\share\StaticContent</StaticContentRootDir> <CustomDataRootDir>\\server\share\CustomData</CustomDataRootDir> <ArchivedLogsDir>\\server\share\ArchivedLogs</ArchivedLogsDir> <AppsDir>\\server\share\Apps</AppsDir> <CreateCluster>true</CreateCluster> <InstallLocalDb>false</InstallLocalDb> <ConfigureDbListener>true</ConfigureDbListener> <ListenAddresses>*</ListenAddresses> <IpRange>0.0.0.0/0</IpRange> <!--<JoinCluster>true</JoinCluster>--> <ConfigureLogging>true</ConfigureLogging> <SetupLocalLoggingDb>true</SetupLocalLoggingDb> <QLogsWriterPassword>writerpw</QLogsWriterPassword> <QLogsReaderPassword>readerpw</QLogsReaderPassword> <QLogsHostname>ip/hostname</QLogsHostname> <QLogsPort>4432</QLogsPort> </SharedPersistenceConfiguration>

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You will need to put the RDS endpoint there, you wont be able to specify an IP address as since RDS is a managed service this may change.

However I am surprised this works as I thought during install you need to supply the postgreSQL super user password which you wont have as this isn't disclosed  by AWS if I recall correctly

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Berry,

Thank you so much.

I'll try that and also port 4432 we use I assume

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Us the port that is defined in your RDS configuration

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes i have recently completed Qliksense November installation on AWS RDS

Whats the issue you are facing?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Make sure this port is also part of AWS Security Group of RDS is using.

Use following points.

1-RDS End point

2-DB name(QRS is default that qliksense accepts while installation)

3-User Name

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Muhammad,

Thankyou verymuch for the responding.

I tried to create the DB using the CFTemplate  for rds with port 4432 and qliksenserepository as a user but I got the below error

RDSerror.png