Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michelivor
Contributor III
Contributor III

Strange Mapping Load and ApplyMap

Hi,

I found one thing today that I've never seen before and can't understand. Re-writing a script as part of migrating an QV environment to a new server and QDF for a customer. I stumbled upon a script where the ApplyMap (for a certain map) was before the Mapping Load.

Checking the log, yes ApplyMap was some 350 rows before Mapping Load.

• ErrorMode is set to 1 (default)
  • No Subroutines or Included scripts.

Anyone who can give me a hint how this can work, something I haven’t thought of???

Regards

//Michel

14 Replies
michelivor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Peter,

No, as I wrote there are no SUBs or scripts included.

michelivor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Peter,

Yeh, U got it.

The new environment is QV12.2 and the old is 11.2... ...remember that now, that's why it works w/o errors on the old server but not on the new.

Brg

//Michel

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III

I faced the same issue, our test env is Qv 12 where as Dev and Prod are Qv 11.

While am testing the app there was no mapping field in a apply map, it started throwing error. i was bit afraid that why this error coming in testing which is not coming in Dev and Prod. and yes

Qv 12 will through an error if Some thing missing in the Apply map. where as Qv 11 will not through any Error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Just wondering. Are you executing your load through a Desktop reload? or triggering a job with the QMC?

We have just moved from v11 to v12 and found that an ApplyMap that worked fine under v11 does not return values under v12, but, only if it is triggered by the QMC.

cheers,

michelivor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Christopher,

It dosen't matter if it is through QMC or Desktop, it is the QV12 which is more sensitiv. While QV11 will create field with a Null() value, QV12 will exit the script if the Mapping Load isn't done when ApplyMap is used.

Brg

Michel