Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Row Captions as a dimension

Dear Qlik community,

I am facing a problim with displaying a pie (or donut chart) in Qlik Sense and hope one of you can help me out:

My table looks like this

Part name  Vendor  
Material Price 
Production Cost   OverheadMargin
Coffe binA11523
GlassB12614
SpoonC13312
PlateD11415
KnifeE12722

In my first table I select the Part name. For example the Coffee bin. Now I want to display a pie chart after this selection, which spits out the price teardown. Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to do that.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Thank you so much!

Tobias

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be use The Crosstable Load to transform all your costs into a single cost column....

sunny_talwar

Check attached

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Sunny,

thank you so much! This is exactly what I Need. I now understand the data Format I have to feed into Qlik to reach this  result. Unfortunately I still do not understand how to use the load function in the Syntax. I checked your code and it seems to me you typed every agrument manually....which surely is not the case:

CrossTable(Cost_Type, Cost, 2)

LOAD * INLINE [

Part name , Vendor  , Material Price , Production Cost  , Overhead, Margin

Coffe bin, A, 11, 5, 2, 3

Glass, B, 12, 6, 1, 4

Spoon, C, 13, 3, 1, 2

Plate, D, 11, 4, 1, 5

Knife, E, 12, 7, 2, 2

In this code you already refer to new Collum designations as Cost_Type. I still do not see where those are introduced and linked to the original table.

The help until here is already highly aprreciated! If you can give me further hints I would be very happy!

Thank you so much!

Tobias

sunny_talwar

So, all you need is to do like this

CrossTable(Cost_Type, Cost, 2)

LOAD ...

FROM ....;

Look here on how The Crosstable Load works