Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Digvijay_Singh

Can we show somehow these very high numbers in standard format

Hello,

Let me know if there is any way to change these very high/low numbers in normal format like '#,##0.00' format. I have used Money(Value,'#,##0.00') in the expressions. Thanks in advance for the help!

Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There's no easy way to display 20 digit numbers in that format. Why would you want to do that anyway? Would it not be better to convert the entire chart into larger units?

You could  try a Dual() value like this (partially tested):

=Dual(If(N >= 1E13, Num(Floor(N / 1E12), '# ##0', '.',  ' ')) & ' ' &  Num(N - Floor(N / 1E12) * 1E12, '# ##0', '.', ' '), N)

Where N is the expression or value to be formatted.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi

just an idea .

can you create a inline table in script  like current format and map that and use as a format ?

and here what you want to see instead of big number ?

Digvijay_Singh
Author

I think its because Qlik has limitation of showing max 14 diigits, if you see numbers in the chart, they are converted into scientific notation(e+20 at the end). I need to avoid that and show the standard format.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Ohh is it?

what is your measure and their input values?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

did you tried to change set  money format and see?

SET MoneyFormat='₹ #,##0.00;₹ -#,##0.00';      [this is by default - you can change here and try]

Digvijay_Singh
Author

Format is fine for 99% cases. Its showing scientific notation only for very large number. If you see the image, you can see few numbers in proper format with 2 decimal points.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

yes I'm able to see youssefbelloum‌  or omar bensalem  can have some idea on this

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

can you share sample qvf ?  

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There's no easy way to display 20 digit numbers in that format. Why would you want to do that anyway? Would it not be better to convert the entire chart into larger units?

You could  try a Dual() value like this (partially tested):

=Dual(If(N >= 1E13, Num(Floor(N / 1E12), '# ##0', '.',  ' ')) & ' ' &  Num(N - Floor(N / 1E12) * 1E12, '# ##0', '.', ' '), N)

Where N is the expression or value to be formatted.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP