Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

chart labels on right axis

Hi all

Is it possible to right align the bars in a Horizontal bar chart? Basically i would like to have two charts with the titles displayed once in the middle

Thanks

Dan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Here you go:

My idea was to use negative scale for left chart, this will result on Axis to the right / right aligned bars.

So I used a '-' in both expression on the left chart to get negative values.

Problem is that you don't want to show the values as negative.

Here I used number formatting, there is an optional format specifier for negative numbers (see format tab (ah, I just see that this is hard to see since I replaced the expression labels by blank, but there are expression number formats set ;-)), I just set the format to show same as positive (without minus). This affects the values on bars and the tool tip.

Unfortunately the axis will still show negative values, so I removed the axis (maybe I missed a simple solution here).

We should use same absolute scale range for both charts, I set it manually to 0 to 15, but it should be good to enter enter an expression here that checks both charts value ranges and set the same value. Even if you don't see the axis drawn, I think different scale ranges will be misleading.

The rest is mostly formatting (remove all expression labels, use text boxes instead, etc).

I added another version of the chart where you could probably better see what I did, as I said, it's a hack.

Hope I haven't missed anything, if you have problems, give me a note.

Regards,

Stefan

View solution in original post

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Dan,

is attached something you were looking for?

Unless I missed a simple solution, it's kind of real kludge.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

hi Stefan,

That is excatly what i am after. How did you right align the bars?

I can not see a simple solution either. It would be nice if there was.

Thank you.

Dan

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Here you go:

My idea was to use negative scale for left chart, this will result on Axis to the right / right aligned bars.

So I used a '-' in both expression on the left chart to get negative values.

Problem is that you don't want to show the values as negative.

Here I used number formatting, there is an optional format specifier for negative numbers (see format tab (ah, I just see that this is hard to see since I replaced the expression labels by blank, but there are expression number formats set ;-)), I just set the format to show same as positive (without minus). This affects the values on bars and the tool tip.

Unfortunately the axis will still show negative values, so I removed the axis (maybe I missed a simple solution here).

We should use same absolute scale range for both charts, I set it manually to 0 to 15, but it should be good to enter enter an expression here that checks both charts value ranges and set the same value. Even if you don't see the axis drawn, I think different scale ranges will be misleading.

The rest is mostly formatting (remove all expression labels, use text boxes instead, etc).

I added another version of the chart where you could probably better see what I did, as I said, it's a hack.

Hope I haven't missed anything, if you have problems, give me a note.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan

many thanks for your solution.

Dan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan

many thanks for your solution.

Dan

paulyeo11
Master
Master

Hi Swuehl

you are very creative , able to think out of box.