Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculation in a Gauge Chart

Hi All,

I created a gauge chart wherin I'm trying to calculate the average leadtime of all the shipments to Beijing. However my formula does not work

Below is my formula:

Avg(Count(All{<Destination={BJS}>} TransitTime +1))

Suppose I want to express this in percentage, would the below formula work?

Avg(Count(All{<Destination={BJS}>} TransitTime +1)) / Count(Total TransitTime)

Thanks in advance!!!

iSam

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hello iSam,

in your case you calculate the average transittime to Beijing and divide them by the total numbers of all transittime.

Use

Sum({<Destination={BJS}>} TransitTime +1)/Count(({<Destination={BJS}>}TransitTime)

so you add the transittime and devide them by the number of transits to Beijing.

Regards

View solution in original post

10 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

probably this will help u

Avg(Count(All{<Destination={'BJS'}>} TransitTime +1))

make BJS in single code

Sunil Chauhan
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hello iSam,

in your case you calculate the average transittime to Beijing and divide them by the total numbers of all transittime.

Use

Sum({<Destination={BJS}>} TransitTime +1)/Count(({<Destination={BJS}>}TransitTime)

so you add the transittime and devide them by the number of transits to Beijing.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Martin,

Thanks!! It works!! However when I try to express this in percentage I get the wrong number:

Do I need to add something else to the formula?: Sum({<Destination={BJS}>} TransitTime +1)/Count(({<Destination={BJS}>}TransitTime)

800% should be 100% max.

Thanks in advance!!!

Cheers

isAm

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

Sum({<Destination={'BJS'}>} TransitTime +1)/Count({<Destination={'BJS'}>}TransitTime)

hope this may help u

Sunil Chauhan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your help! It’s however the same expression as posted before.

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

hm,

let me calculate.

for example 500 minutes transit time devide by 100 transports = 5 min average.

This is the result of your formula.

What is to be shown in percentage?

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If I look at it from my perspective I would say that for example the maximum amount of days should not exceed 7 days. Since the average is 5 days, I would divide 5 by 7 and multiply it with 100 %. That means that approximately 71 percent is on time.

And your example J

for example 500 minutes transit time divide by 100 transports = 5 min average.

This is the result of your formula.

What is to be shown in percentage? The percentage should be 20 percent J

Cheers!

iSam

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

So 20 percent of my example is

1/(Sum({<Destination={BJS}>} TransitTime +1)/Count(({<Destination={BJS}>}TransitTime))

=1/(500/100)=1/5=0.2

And in your example use

(Sum({<Destination={BJS}>} TransitTime +1)/Count(({<Destination={BJS}>}TransitTime))/7

=(500/100)/7=5/7=0.71

Both shown as percentage in the number options

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Unfortunately it does not work L.  I think there’s something fishy about my formula or script, I’ve splitted the formula to understand it better:

Sum({<Destination={BJS}>} TransitTime), I get the total transittime of 881.

Now there is the first problem. I should add an extra day to the transittime, but when I do that, Qlikview goes crazy

So I had to remove the “+1” to get the below sum result.

The total shipments is ok.

So if I do  Sum({<Destination={BJS}>} TransitTime)/Count({<Destination={BJS}>} Destination)           ( 881 / 235) = 3.74 days

Since the maximum days should not exceed 8. I divide it by 8:

(Sum({<Destination={BJS}>} TransitTime)/Count({<Destination={BJS}>} Destination) /8         

So now I divide 3.74/8=0.4675. average of 47%. The calculation maybe correct, but since there are not more than 3 shipments with delay, the average on time should be above 95%.

What am I doing wrong? L Should I count only the shipments that are late and divide them by the total shipments?

Thanks for all your help so far!!!!

isam