Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicolas_martin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Use external data "on the air" with API?

Hello,

Let's suppose I have a Qlik document in which there is (at least) 2 dimensions:

- Year

- Office

I also have an API that takes 2 parameters (year and office) as input and provide data as output (a table with 2 columns: "customer" and "sum of sales" as values).

I would like to do the following:

• In my Qlik application, I make a selection on Year / Office.
  • In my Qlik application I have a bar-chart object that is connected to my API with the selected values for "year" and "office".

Eg. :

='http://myAPIserver/getSalesPerCustomer?year=' & concat(DISTINCT Year, ',') & '&office=' & concat(DISTINCT Office, ',')

• This chart display as result a bar-chart with "customer" as dimension and "sum of sales" as value.

And I want to use the Qlik charts, not a custom D3js chart in an iframe or something.

A QlikSense reseller told me it was possible to do such thing in QlikSense thanks to "the API feature of Qlik Sense".

After a lot of searches, it looks like the "Advanced Analytics Integration" but it seems very very VERY complicated.

Did I missed a documentation that explains step by step how to do this?

Thank you for your help.

4 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

nicolas_martin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you for the link.

I don't see the part where it shows how I can display external data not loaded in the application.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible to this in the load script, but I do not think one can do this in the front end without a bespoke extension.

nicolas_martin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I made a workaround with VB macro and DynamicUpdateCommand function, but it only works with the desktop client, not the ajax version (because of the use of COM components to either create an ODBC connection or a HTTP request.