Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evgeniystuchalk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Custom dimension lables in selection bar - how?

Hello! I have data model with multiple fact tables, and most of field names are qualified. So teir names looks like auth_transfer.wr_name.

I want give human name to this dimension, without renaming original dimension. Like Warehouse Name.

So, i'm creating master dimension with formula =auth_transfer.wr_name. Name and title for this dimension Warehouse Name.

It looks good on visualizations, but when i'm make selection, at selection bar appears orgignal dimension name:

e324710262.jpg

Is there any way to display at selection bar my dimension name instead of original?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OmarBenSalem

When u create ur master dimension, create it as follow:

if(YourDim=YourDim,YourDim)

This way, in the filter pane, it will be shown with the new name.

If u create a master dimension without altering it, in the filter pane it will appear with its original name.

mto‌, I think this is the small "bug" that needs to be fixed

View solution in original post

5 Replies
OmarBenSalem

When u create ur master dimension, create it as follow:

if(YourDim=YourDim,YourDim)

This way, in the filter pane, it will be shown with the new name.

If u create a master dimension without altering it, in the filter pane it will appear with its original name.

mto‌, I think this is the small "bug" that needs to be fixed

evgeniystuchalk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

That works, thanks!

ken4runner
Creator
Creator

can you explain the code that you have given, and why the same item  YourDim, is listed 3 times and what it accomplishes?

mmarchese
Creator II
Creator II

It seems as though this has stopped working.  I just see "if(YourDim=YourDim,YourDim)" in the filter bar now.  Is there a solution that still works?

Edit: Actually, it does work...sometimes.  It wasn't working for me, but when I created a second dimension with the same exact formula, it worked for both that dimension and the first one.  Oh, how I love Qlik's missing basic features and associated buggy workarounds.

naamah
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks Omar, this works nice in the selection bar, but when i use sheet selection (before an active selection has been done), i cannot see the master items, i have to check "show fields" and it shows the filed name and not the master item name.