cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baarathi
Creator III
Creator III

How change the selected field name

Capture.PNGIn the above image how change the marked name, for example the above marked name is First Name and I want to change it to Name

25 Replies
OmarBenSalem

What version do you have installed?

I think It has been added in the June or Sep version; I forgot.

But, there is a slight bug, if u create ur master dimension without any transormation:

Imean just as : "First Name"

and name it as Name

when u filter by it, in the filter pane, it will appear as First Name...

That's why I do the if thing, to perform a "change" on the original field; and thus force qlik to make the new name appear on the filter pane

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Ok, I was Asking myself the question.. but there is a bug or something, or it is not supposed to work like that..

anyway, it is not working for me, it is always showing the original field name.

ychaitanya
Creator III
Creator III

Or Create a Master Dimension Named as desired and link that Master Dimension created to the above First Name Dimension , and use that dimension in the list box .

Can you try this?

OmarBenSalem

See:

1) if u don't alter the dim :

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

2) if u alter the dimension:

Capture.PNG

Now, it will take the new NewName:

Capture.PNG

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Created another one and it is working fine ..unfortunately we must add a dimension expression to make it work..

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

one last thing baarathi must be aware about, with this, no calculation and no modification will be possible on the "dimension tab" on the charts.

baarathi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

omarbensalem‌‌ , sir but when I try it, it shows me if(dim1=dim1,dim1) on the top?

OmarBenSalem

What version of qlik sense u're using?

baarathi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

qliksensedesktop:11.24.3

baarathi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you youssefbelloumomarbensalem‌ @chaitanya @Eliran @Chanty youssefbelloum‌ for all of your responses. But Still I could not get the desired output for this