Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting 17.5 can’t find supported reporting template

I am using NPrinting 17.5 (Sep 2017) with Qlik Sense Desktop Nov 2017 for the first time and keeps getting "NPrinting Designer can’t find supported reporting template" error when I attempt to edit my report template.

I saw several threads with a similar issue, such as here, or here , and here , but none with STG_E_FILEALREADYEXISTS error: see screenshot.

I definitely have Office 2016 installed on my desktop and it's my default program for any Office document (powerpoint, excel etc), I tried reinstalling NPrinting as administrator, but the problem is still there. Is it because it’s Office 2016?

Help appreciated! Many thanks!

8 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

its showing already exists?

do you running behind same?

could you please check in task manager is some ppt already running?  if yes kill all and retry once.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Turned out that this is a known issue for our organization, when we try to edit a report with a ppt Template; a ticket is still open with Qlik

Digvijay_Singh

I faced the same issue today. Do you know what had caused this issue for you.
I added few icon images from local machine in the power point template. Not sure if that cause the issue.
I also created new thread here -
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Designer-error-Qlik-NPrinting-designer-can-...
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please check the following article https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000034941

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
andrejfreitas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello,

We are facing the same issue for NPrinting 19 April. Did you find a solution for that?

Thanks in advance,

Andre

Digvijay_Singh

As I remember, for me, exporting and importing back the report worked! 

Don't know the logic though! 🙂

Thanks,

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You must install a supported version of Microsoft Office https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requir....

If you did try to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
andrejfreitas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

That actually fixed this problem with NPrinting 19 April, thanks Digvijay