Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense: An error occurred.The app has been closed.

Hi all,

We have a locally installed version of Qlik Server. I've recently started encountering an issue in Qlik Sense when in an app. After a short time of no click activity, Qlik pops up a dialog box with "An error occurred" title and the message "The app has been closed. To continue working, please refresh the app." Then it gives the option to refresh, or go to the hub. Screenshot of pop-up attached.

When this happens, I'm seeing a whole bunch of errors pop up in the browser debug console. They must be timed based, because a new crop of them flow through the console every couple of seconds. The javascript error is:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined

The error references require.js and client.js. Screenshot of errors attached.

I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome for Mac (65.0.3325.146). I've tried restarting the browser and my computer. I've cleared my browser cache and done a hard refresh of the app page in QlikSense. No dice.

I also tried this in Apple Safari browser (11.0.1 (11604.3.5.1.1)), and had the same thing happen. So it may not be a browser issue.

I also noticed this is only happening in the app view, and not the hub.

I tried searching the forum for this error, but the post I found didn't seem to have a clear solution that would apply to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It looks like I've solved this based on some comments on another thread. It looks like the cause of this was my anti-virus software. I am using AVG for Mac. Once I disabled it, the error stopped occurring.