Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Running Qlik Sense server where only 443 and 80 ports allowed

Hi,

My company in only allowing ports 443 and 80. IS there a way to either change port 4244 to allowed ones (443 and 80) or completely disable need to use port 4244?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Yep: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2018/Content/WhatsNew/What-is-new-Apr2018.htm

Deployment improvement

From Qlik Sense April 2018 it is no longer necessary to use port 4244 as the authentication port. If you are using SSL to protect your environment, you can use port 443 as an external facing port for the Qlik Sense Proxy service (QPS).

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Practically I'd wait until the release of Qlik Sense April 2018 where the Windows authentication ports (4244 / 4248) are anticipated to be deprecated.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Having less ports to worry about could well be a good thing, but I am curious as the reason why they are liable to be deprecated ?

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

As best I am aware from the Support side the rationale is because they are a pain. Doing port pooling and handling the persistency across ports is a major blocker for many network devices (e.g ALBs in AWS).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thx Levi.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Glad to hear that! Do you know the relase day/date?

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Unfortunately I cannot promise a date other than later in April. There is a beta available: Qlik Sense April 2018 Technical Preview

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It says "unauthorized" . I am dying to see it -- solves a big problem for us

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Did this feature make it into the release?  I can see it's out but I see nothing in the release notes about it.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Yep: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2018/Content/WhatsNew/What-is-new-Apr2018.htm

Deployment improvement

From Qlik Sense April 2018 it is no longer necessary to use port 4244 as the authentication port. If you are using SSL to protect your environment, you can use port 443 as an external facing port for the Qlik Sense Proxy service (QPS).