Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Amazon RDS for the repository database with Shared Persistence? (& related questions)

Having watched ltu's informative webinar on Shared Persistence, we're interested in how this could benefit our customers who run or are considering running Qlik Sense on AWS.

My questions are, roughly in order of priority...

1. Assuming you're splitting the repo db from the central node, can you use an Amazon RDS postgres database as the repository database rather than having another actual instance spun up to run Postgres?
  2. Assuming you're taking the root folder off the central node, can you use an Amazon S3 for this rather than having another actual instance spun up to store this on?
  3. Are there any recommendations around configuring and optimising Shared Persistence in Amazon AWS?

Cheers

Alex

Qlik Partner Ambassador 2024
13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Levi,

We are about to move from a local repository on PostgreSQL and 1 EC2 instance, to a shared repository across several instance - using RDS.

Is it fairly simple to undertake this type of migration?

I am wondering about the high level steps, and what to watch out for as we progress?

Many Thanks in Advance!

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Sure. It's not too complicated, though there may be some hiccups along the way. High level:

• Setup RDS with users (postgres / qliksenserepository)
  • Backup DB
  • Restore DB
    • Make sure that everything (QSR, public schema, tables) is owned by the qliksenserepository user
  • Use the QlikSenseUtil to edit the connection string of all node(s) to point to the new host
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Levi,

I have My dev in aws ec2 instance and postgress is rds .Its shared persistance.

.QlikShare folder, Qlik/Sense folder are in D drive.

I tried to install but having issues feb ErrorPNG.PNG

In other worlds Im looking for in case of rehydration (every 3  months we have new ami)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this, much appreciated!!!