Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last 12 Month

Currently have a whole EBITDA application that breaks each region and plant out by fiscal year and fiscal month but cannot figure out how to link the fiscal periods together to get a running 12 month graph to display on a worksheet. Can get it broken out in 12 periods by each finascal year but nothing that shows a running 12 periods. Anyone have any thoughts?

3 Replies
john_obrien
Contributor III
Contributor III

Mike,

One good way to do this as well as show a number of other time periods (ex. Prior 2 quarters, Year to date, prior year to date, etc.) is to build a calendar table into the data model.  There are a number of good examples of calendar tables to reuse, if you need them. 

There are other ways to solve this without changing the data model, including:

1. Adding set analysis to each expression in the chart to limit the data to the periods you want.

2. Creating a calculated dimension that is null for all values other than the 12 periods.

I generally prefer the calendar table, over the set analysis and both over the calculated dimension.

I hope that helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey John-

Thanks for the response. Just looked up a few different calendar tables and want to make sure I would be using the correct one, do you have one you would recommend?

Mike

john_obrien
Contributor III
Contributor III

Mike,

Here is one that I recently used and you may find helpful - Fiscal Calendar Table load script

This sample script uses a couple features that you may not need, so just pull those out if you like.

I'm sure there are other good examples that will work for you as well.

Please let me know how this turns out for you.