cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksasidhars
Creator
Creator

Can't edit Qlik sense apps

Hi - Could you please let me know how to make the apps editable for users after published?

I've published few apps given by our users but now they would like to edit and perform changes in data model and design changes. How to allow this request, please let me know. I made the users role as Content admin and still they couldn't edit the apps from Everyone stream and not sure how to get them to My work area for those users.

Your response is highly appreciated- thanks, Sasi

17 Replies
nico_ilog
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Great! Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

After publishing my app, it disappeared from the my work section, so I am unable to duplicate it as you suggest.

danimelo1
Creator
Creator

Is it possible to modify the sheets from an app that is already published?

I only can view or create new sheets, but I'm wondering if it is possible to modify the sheets already created or I just need to duplicate sheet and create a new one with modifications?

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 17.59.06.png

Cannot editors the sheet:

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 17.58.44.png

Regarding to what the message displays, there should have been a way to have this permission (edit the sheet)?

Thanks

itmakervf
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

It's the best way, i've prove it.

crichter14
Creator
Creator

Johnathan,

I know this is an old file, but if I follow your steps, to update a load script (adding a new field) for a user.  Does that mean their 'work' and their Community sheets won't be lost?

I'm concerned about over-writing another's work to help the user add additional data.

Thank you in advance.

Cheryl

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Cheryl,

This process of publishing over an existing app is the standard way of working, and users own Sheets and Objects are maintained.

You do have to be careful though that you don't change the app in such a way that it breaks users work.  Ways of doing this will be to delete (or break) Master Dimensions or Measures, or modify the data model.

You also need to be very careful that you publish the same app over the top of the existing one.  Publishing over a different app will be a "very bad thing".  Since this thread was first started they have put in a few warnings and "are you sure" messages, so it is less easy to mess things up.

The weirdest part to watch out for though, is when you publish the first time your app is moved to the Published stream (and you need to duplicate it to be able to edit it) and on all subsequent publishes the app remains in My Work also.

Hope that answers your question?

Steve

crichter14
Creator
Creator

It does, thank you Steve.  Sense is just different enough from View, I'm a little cautious about overwriting data.

Thank you again,  Cheryl

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Always best to be cautious!