Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Version Control in Qlik Sense

Hi Techies,

I need to impliment version control in Qlik Sense, Can you please guide me how to do it, what are the requirments and pre requesties ?

Thanks in advance.

Roht

7 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

AFAIK, as of latest version of qliksense/view in build - version control tool / method not available, may be they might include in feature version. for there are some best practice steps available. for more details u can check it out.

Qlik Sense integration with Version Control Systems

Qlik Deployment Framework

Best Practice for Qlik Sense Source Control

Thanks,Deva

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Roht,

We have tried different solutions, finally we have chosen a third party solution called WIP from ebiexperts. Now we can deploy to our 3 different sense servers. We choose that because it can deploy not only apps but all related files like extensions, images and includes in one shot. Very complete product and we just pay a few $ per month perfect...

platformmanager
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

As Qlik Technology Partner we deliver PlatformManager. Look at Platformmanager.com for more info on how to do versioning / releases etc.

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Can I get some free trial to check the feature of it ?

Bes,

Rohit

platformmanager
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Rohit,

You can have a look and register for the demo video about Platform Manager on https://platformmanager.com

In most cases this will be sufficient to get a better understanding of the product.

/Bert

jpk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Rohit

@Thomas - thanks for the recommendation!

We have a POC process that you can jump on for evaluation of the WIP product. You will find brochures and demo's on our site www.ebiexperts.com or contact Craig.wu@ebiexperts.com for the next steps.

Regards

JP

AlexPolorotov
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi! 

If you looking for an easy-to-use solution, you can look at Gitoqlik (https://gitoqlik.com). Me and my team working on Chrome extension that integrates with Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket. 
So, you could organize version control through the browser in built-in editor of Qlik Sense. 

You can read more about it in my blog, also