Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aritting
Creator
Creator

Mapping a drive to the QDF Framework results in reload errors because '### QDF Info, Shared Global Variables using cache'

I'm using the QDF Framework version 1.7.1 but I think this also affected 1.7.

I install the framework to C:\Qv-Docs\SourceDocs\01.DWQLIKDEV-LOCAL on my pc

or I install it to E:\Qv-Docs\SourceDocs\01.DWQLIKDEV on the server.  I copy the container contents from the server to my pc.

I map a drive Q:  to the \\localhost path to the framework on my pc so it is easier to get to all the files and I may have the copy of the QDF containers on different paths among the several computers I use so the mapped Q:\ drive keeps things consistent.

When I reload my applications using the Q:\ mapped drive the vG.Shared* variables do not get updated and if I delete these variables from the qlik application they do not get reloaded.

I would like to figure out how to use the QDF framework on a network drive letter

and have the framework load these programs:

### QDF Info, 2.GenericContainerLoader.qvs  Started'

vL.temp_table_map << ContainerMap 3 Lines fetched

vL.temp_table_map 3 Lines fetched

'### QDF Info, found Shared container, mounting as vG.SharedBasePath'

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Andy, I'm having a similar problem with 1.7.0. I upgraded to 1.7.1 and it didn't work neither.

Setting the vG.SharedBasePath variable to a random value in the beginning of the script does the trick, as leaving it blank didn't work either for me.

SET vG.SharedBasePath='sgiudgsi';

Cheers.