Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

100% stacked bar chart - one bar for one field

As far as I can understand, I can create stacked bar charts, where bars are formed based on distinct values found in a referenced field.

But how can I create a 100% stacked bar chart, where each bar would correspond to one field?

E. g., I'd like this data

100% stacked bar chart data.JPG

to be represented something like this:

100% stacked bar chart.JPG

What expressions should I write in dimension and measure fields?

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

First you should transform your data using The Crosstable Load and then you can do like this

Dimension

Month

Value

Expression

Count(DISTINCT Student)/Count(TOTAL <Month> Student)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the idea. I had a similar one, but...

What I can see, the crosstable load reallocates everything what was put nicely into columns, into many rows. In my original data, I have 100k rows (students, who have responded to a survey). And in columns I have different questions (it's not months in the original data, but questions; and the answers can only take a form of integer from 0 to 5). There are 65 questions. Putting all the different questions into 1 column just for the sake of 1 problematic chart doesn't make much sense. Also, this way I would end up with 6.5m rows, which doesn't seem nice either.

There must be a better way, without distorting the order in the table.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So, no simple way? Do I really need to create additional tables? Is it really more efficient to have fewer columns, but way more rows?

sunny_talwar

I am not sure I understand your concerns with CrossTable load? It is rather more efficient to transform your data using CrossTable as it's management becomes so much easier. 6.5 millions sound a lot, but vs having multiple columns? I don't see any performance decrease as the number of cells should remain more or less the same... in fact the nulls can be removed and you should have lesses number of rows.

sunny_talwar

Although I don't recommend this... but if you really wish to make it difficult... you can try this

Capture.PNG

MarcoWedel

Hi,

another method of making things complicated that would be so much easier given the proper data model:

QlikCommunity_Thread_296813_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_296813_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_296813_Pic3.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

MarcoWedel

... and for comparison a crosstable solution like Sunny already suggested:

QlikCommunity_Thread_296813_Pic4.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_296813_Pic5.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_296813_Pic6.JPG

table1: