Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

"Embedding QlikView into Microsoft Office"

Hi All

Can someone please guide me on how to embed QlikView documents into Microsoft Office(Excel,Word,PowerPoint,etc...). Also I would like to know how the data in chart which is there in the Microsoft office can be refreshed from directly from database or qvd(So that data of the charts contain upto date data).

Also I would like to know do we need any kind of license to do this? Do we need to install any software for this?

Regarding my progress on this work. I have registered QlikView.OCX control using the below steps:

Steps:

By the running the Regsvr32 in the Run and dragging and dropping QlikOCX.ocx “Program files\QlikView\QlikOcx\” in to the run.

If anyone who is having experience in embedding QlikView document into Microsoft Office can help me out please.

Thanks

qvforum

14 Replies
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi All

While working on embedding the QlikView document into Microsoft Office. I got stuck in the below point.

In Microsoft Office:

Insert --> Object --> In Create New Tab (Select QlikOCX Control) --> Right Click on the QlikOCX Component from the Excel environment --> Go to Properties --> QlikkOCX Control Properties???

In QlikkOCX Control Properties it is asking so many details such as DonName(I think we need to give the folder of the qlikview application),User Name, Password, Publisher and Object ID. Also there are two buttons "Change License Key" and "License Update".

So is it must that we should have the license and control number to embbed qlikview into microsoft office. Please share your ideas on this.

Can some one who worked on the above properties can please help me out.

Have attached the screen shot for reference below,

OCX in Excel.JPG

Regards

qvforum

Not applicable

Should be as simple as copy the object from your QlikView application and paste it in the Excel. It should stay up to date as long as it's able to connect to the qvs.

Not applicable

Ich werde ab 05.09.2011 nicht im Büro sein. Ich kehre zurück am

Ich werde Ihre Nachrichten nach meiner Rückkehr beantworten.

Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse oder sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, ist Ihnen eine Verwertung des Inhalts, eine Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrücklich untersagt.

Bitte benachrichtigen Sie uns und vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen Dank!

Not applicable

Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse oder sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, ist Ihnen eine Verwertung des Inhalts, eine Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrücklich untersagt.

Bitte benachrichtigen Sie uns und vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen Dank!

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Iassen Ivanov

Thanks for your reply! That is really amazing feature. If the data stays update to date when it is connected to qvs then it is fine for me. But are you very sure that data will stay update to date if it is connected to qvs?

What I have found was that I am able to copy and paste the object in excel and word. It is working as expected but whereas when I try to do it in PowerPoint is not working as expected.

Microsoft Office Excel 2007: Object works same like in QlikView

Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007: It is copying only as a image???

Microsoft Office Word 2007: Object works same like in QlikView

Can someone please help me out on this. So that I can proceed further.

Regards

qvforum

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi mdkbayern2011

Thanks for your reply!

Can you please post it in English.

Regards

qvforum

Not applicable

Not applicable

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi All

When I copy paste the objects from QV Application into PowerPoint it not working. Whereas when I do the same with Excel and Word it works.

May I know what could be the reason for this.

Regards

qvforum