Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Search two strings with wildcards

Hi,

I have been conducting a search in a QLIKSense app. I am searching for any fields containing the words 'ACTUATOR' and 'ECAM'. The search term I used is:

+actuator +ecam

On closer inspection, the results exclude 'ECAM' preceded by a character e.g. ',ECAM' or '.ECAM'. In other words, it only returns values with a preceding space.

I tried using wildcards with the about but QLIK doesn't appear to accept this. I would like it to return any cells containing 'ecam' and 'actuator', irrespective of what characters precede or succeed them.

Can anyone help?

thanks!

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be a wildmatch like this

WildMatch(Upper(Field), '*ACTUATOR*ECAM*', '*ECAM*ACTUATOR*')

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I was referring to searches within an app, not script or chart functions.

Is there a solution to this?

CarmenReilly
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi James,

If you mean using Smart Search: "smart search only supports text search. Search operators other than quotation marks are not supported." (from here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Search/use-smart-search-tool.htm)

So you would need to use scripting to create an object/field with the parameters you are looking for (with something like Sunny suggested).

If you are an Administrator and looking for ways to control what is and is not included in Smart Search, you can check out the information here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/ScriptRegularStatements...

Hope this helps!

Carmen

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.