Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Loading Sense script files from GitHub?

Wouldn't it be handy if you could write this in your load script:

$(Must_Include=lib://github_repository/my_script_file.qvs);

As far as I can tell it is not possible though. Or? Has anyone gotten this to work?

If it works, it would then be trivial to store load script .qvs files in Github (or some other source control tool), then load it straight from there into Sense.

Anyone from Qlik here to note this on the wish list?

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
5 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Hi mountaindude‌! A year later and I see this post because I am exploring ways to do something sort of similar.

I am not aware of how to accomplish this.

There is an "Innovation request" for this from 2 years ago... (looking for the sloth emoji )  I added a link to this post there. Tack!

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hej Tyler, long time no talk!

I solved it by adding an endpoint to the Butler middleware (available on

github). Works really well.

Göran

On Tue, 10 Apr 2018, 13:05 Tyler Waterfall, <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Yup, that might also do the trick.

On Tue, 10 Apr 2018, 14:20 Tyler Waterfall, <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>

Solvica
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Göran! I am also trying the (still not available) $(Must_Include=lib://github_repository/my_script_file thing these days. It would for sure be a game changer for us. I am very interested in your solution through the Butler middleware. Could you please send a couple of links/resources and short guidance on how to accomplish this? It would be really appreciated. Thanks!