Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hbandari3636
Contributor III
Contributor III

User System with User Directory NT Authority created in Qlik sense installation

Hi

I have recently installed Qlik Sense 3.1 SR2 in a 2008 Windows Server and after successful installation I have integrated this with Active Directory Group. Based on LDAP filter I am able to extract all the required users I wanted to give access to But there is an USER created with Name: system and User Directory:NT Authority. After the Installation Operations monitor was failing multiple times but making this System User as root admin resolved that Issue. I wanted to know that if this user is created it will be a problem in the future and what should be done in case we have to remove this user from users list completely.

Capture.PNG

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Hemantha.

ltumtohic

2 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Coould it be that you are running the Qlik services using the System account, rather than a specific user created to run the services?

Andy

hbandari3636
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

But I have used the specific User created to run the services to install the setup and I am not sure why in that case System account is running the services. what could be the disadvantage in this case that I have to look over in future if System account is running the services?

Thanks,

Hemantha.